Basic Care to Ensure Your Dog's Health
In addition to your love and companionship, there are measures you should take as a responsible pet owner to keep your dog healthy. Here are six things recommended by veterinarians:
- Keep your pet at a healthy weight;
- Exercise your pet;
- Feed your pet a balanced, nutritious diet;
- Have your veterinarian examine your pet at least once a year to make sure your pet is healthy and to help detect problems earlier;
- Vaccinate your pet against potentially deadly diseases such as distemper, parvo, panleukopenia and rabies;
- Keep your pet free of parasites (fleas, ticks, heartworm, etc.) – consult your veterinarian for the best product for your pet.